Public Works to Alter Overnight Traffic Signal Operations at 13 Springfield Intersections
January 13, 2015
Public Works to alter overnight traffic signal operations at 13 Springfield intersections
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Works traffic engineers have recently identified a trend of increasing numbers of crashes at several Springfield intersections during the overnight hours, while traffic signals are flashing red. To address this problem, Public Works will alter signal operation from overnight flashing red to full signal operation beginning Jan. 14 at the following intersections:
· Division Street and Sherman Avenue;
· Division Street and Benton Avenue;
· National Avenue and East Trafficway;
· National Avenue and St. Louis Street;
· National Avenue and Walnut Street;
· National Avenue and Elm Street;
· National Avenue and Cherry Street;
· National Avenue and Bear Boulevard;
· National Avenue and the MSU Pedestrian Crossing;
· National Avenue and Sunset Street;
· Kimbrough Avenue and Grand Street;
· Jefferson Avenue and Grand Street; and
· Kansas Avenue and Walnut Lawn Street.
Public Works will continue to monitor these intersections closely to determine if this operational change is successful at reducing crashes.
For additional information, please contact Eric Claussen at 417-864-1165.